On Fri. it was supose to snow. Okay, nothing to get to excited about, I am thinking just another heavy frost type thing. Oh was I wrong. It snowed for hours. The big puffy flakes. We got home from running errands about 10 min. after it had started. Sage got out of the car and started to dance in it and try to catch it on her tongue. Cole jumps out of the car and says, "Mom, it's winter time!" It was really cute. He jumped on the tramp and played in it until nap time. After his nap (1/2 hour) the other kids were sleeping so I took him outside and we played. It was really starting to pile up and you couldn't even see the grass anymore. We started a snowman. Then I decided to take him sledding. We were going to use big trash bags buy my next door neighbor gave us a little sled to use. We crossed the street to another neighbors house who has a big steep lot and we sledded down their hill. It was really fun. Will got off work at about 3:40 and he didn't get home until nearly 6! His truck wouldn't make it up our hill to our house so he went strait to his Dad's house and was going to get his 4 wheeler. He couldn't make it up his Dad's hill either. So he parked on Mission Ridge and walked to his Dad's to get the 4 wheeler to come home. He took the kids riding and sledding down our street. There were probably 6 cars parked at the bottom of crest on Johnson because they couldn't get up either. 2 people in my neighborhood were on 4 wheelers and when they saw people walking up the hill, they would ride down and get them. It was so fun to see so many of my neighbors out and about and helping eachother. I loved it. The first time down the hill sledding with Cole, I put him on the front. When we got to the bottom, his face was covered in snow. I started to laugh and wipe it out of his face. He says to me (very seriously) "Mom, I don't like it". I made him go a few more times but on the back, then he did like it. We had a really great time and I am glad that it is all gone now:)
General Conference Note Taker
5 months ago

5 comments:
Oh how I remember those days. Up on the mountain we had a hill that we'd call the deadman's curve. It was fun to go down. Thank William for helping my mom too during this snow storm. We all appreciate it.
That looked like it was a lot of fun! Too bad we couldn't be there when it happened!
Your background is opposite of this post. All that snow looks like a lot of fun.
I love sledding with the kids. It is always so fun. Your kids are so cute.
I can't believe it-you guys have gotten more snow than we have this winter! When Utah gets snowed on, it always misses us or just leaves a small amount. I'm not complaining though!!!
If I were to have taken my 2 oldest kids to the circus without Brent, I wouldn't have wanted Brooklyn there. But with both of us it went really well. She entertains herself really well-but had no interest in watching. So if I were you...I'd only take Cole! That stinks you'll miss it though!
Post a Comment